Vaporizers: Here’s What You Need to Know
Introducing a new cannabis concentrate format, developed specifically for medicinal use.
Vaporizing cannabis concentrates reduces the number of by-products compared to combusting dried flower and helps with rapid onset of effects in a convenient and discreet format. This product has also been tested in compliance with the Cannabis Act.
Vaporizing Cannabis Concentrate
Cannabis concentrate is extracted from dried cannabis flower and when heated using an Aphria Palm Battery, the cannabis concentrate is converted into vapor. When inhaled, cannabinoids like THC and CBD are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream (Health Canada 2019a,b).
The onset of cannabis effects begins within seconds to minutes and up to 30 minutes to feel full effects (Health Canada 2019). Cannabis concentrates are high-potency and not recommended for first-time Cannabis users (Health Canada 2019b). Start low and go slow when vaporizing cannabis concentrate. Begin with 1-2 small inhales and wait at least 30 minutes before taking another inhale (Health Canada 2019b).
Patients should consult with their doctor to discuss the right dose.
How it Works: Battery and Cartridges
Our vaporizers made up of two components: a 510 universal battery and a cartridge.
- Aphria’s Battery provides energy to the cartridge for the cannabis concentrate to be heated
- The battery features an ergonomic, symmetrical design and delivers a consistent volume of vapor
- The battery charges up to 500mAH and (depending on inhalation strength) can last up to one week
- Both the Aphria Palm battery and our cartridges are 510 threaded, meaning they are universally compatible and interchangeable with any 510 battery or cartridge
- A cartridge contains the cannabis concentrate, as well as a ceramic heating element
- The ceramic heating element allows for even heat distribution, as well as a consistent volume of vapor; without the burnt taste.
- Once the cannabis concentrate has been heated, it can be inhaled using the mouthpiece
- Aphria’s cartridges feature our well-known strains: Walker (THC), Churchill (Balanced), and the all new Aspen (THC) in concentrate
HOW TO USE THE VAPORIZER
- Aphria’s Cartridge and battery are 510 universal; meaning that they are compatible with any other cartridge or battery that are 510 threaded.
- To use the vaporizer, screw the cartridge into the magnetic adapter and place it gently into the Aphria Palm Battery. Once placed, the vaporizer is ready to be used
- To activate the vaporizer, inhale through the mouthpiece.
Helpful Tips for Those New to Vaporizing
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your vaporizing experience:
- Always store your vaporizer at room temperature and in an upright position
- Avoid subjecting your vaporizer to large and sudden shifts in temperature and/or atmospheric pressure
- Not recommended for first time cannabis users
- Avoid rapid consecutive use of your vaporizer
- Handle your vaporizer with care
- Go low and start slow
Starting your Vaporizer Journey
Every patient’s situation is unique, so it’s important to first speak with your physician to find out if vaporizing cannabis concentrates is the right option for your treatment.
If you haven’t found the answer to your question here, please reach out to our patient care team at:
By phone: 1-844-427-4742
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Risk Associated with Vaporizing Cannabis Concentrate
- The risks associated with vaping a cannabis concentrate extract could include rapid heart rate, dizziness, varying levels of anxiety, disorganized thoughts, memory loss, nausea, or vomiting. Some individuals have reported more serious adverse effects such as abnormal behaviour, hallucinations, loss of touch with reality, delusions, and seizures. Some individuals have been hospitalized as a result of complications following the use of vaping products and have developed product use associated pulmonary illness or injury, which has been associated with but not directly linked to certain cases of death
- Vaping devices should only be used as specifically instructed by the company on the packaging and associated product information or product insert prepared and provided by the company
- Never attempt to modify any part of the vaping device, cartridge or battery or add any substances to such products as this may result in increased health risks and unpredictable adverse reactions including severe pulmonary illness
Disclaimer: This information should not be considered legal or medical advice. Patients and healthcare practitioners are encouraged to report side effects from cannabis products to 1 (844) 427-4742 and the Canada Vigilance Program.
- Health Canada (2019a) Talking with your teen about vaping. Electronic document, https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/themes/health/publications/healthy-living/vaping-mechanics-infographic/Parent%20tip%20sheet_web_Final_EN.pdf, accessed December 2019.
- Health Canada (2019b) What you need to know if you consume cannabis. Electronic document, https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/resources/what-you-need-to-know-if-you-choose-to-consume-cannabis.html, accessed December 2019.